Pearltrees - Create your Online Bookmark

Monday, July 23, 2012

I don't know about all of you, but my computer is jammed full of saved links - from bookmarks to written in a text file to screenshots. I basically have a folder of
"to-do" & "need to read" which gets bigger and bigger and never gets read because it's never organised. I randomly came across this site called Pearltrees and it is amazing! I will talk about it and explain how it works and also how you set up your account. I've been using it for over a month now and I love it. It's so quick and easy!









Pearltree organise save web pages


What is Pearltrees?


Pearltrees is a place online to store, share and organise everything that is on the web.


How does it work?


You instal "Pearler" and place it in your bookmarks. Then when you come across something you like on the web, you simply click the bookmark and an options window will pop up (shown below) allowing you to save it to your tree. You can organise your tree into many pearls (like folders) and keep everything in a certain place on your account. No more messy, full bookmark bar's or reading lists.









Pearls Bookmarks Saved Pages Folders
My Pearltree Pearls - Act like Folders

Pearl Tree Options
Options & An area to drop pearls (webpages) until you organise them

Pearltrees Save a web Page
Click the Pearler & this window appears asking what you want to do with that page.


Anything Else?


You can click "Related Interests", this shows you similar pages/pearltrees. Follow your friends pearltrees and find loads of interesting things. Share to Facebook or Twitter or Email your pearltrees. Watch the video below for full details.

Ok, I'm sold! How do I start?


  1. Set up your Pearltree Account
  2. Instal Pearler - How to here.
  3. Start browsing the web, when you find something you want to save. Click the Pearltree in your bookmark bar.
  4. Log into your account to view, organise and share your pearls.
  5. Transfer all your bookmarks/reading lists to Pearltrees and enjoy a spacious & clutter free browser!


Update


Pearltrees is now availble on the iPhone!





Have something to say? Let me know below. Liked this post? Share it...